A little while ago, WordPress highlighted a niche blog called Things We Like. The author, Jessica Gross, writes lists of things she likes to help her feel better when she’s “in a funk”. She also encourages others to submit their lists for publication on her blog. What a great idea! I’m adopting the concept as inspiration for a semi-regular post here because lists like this encourage me to practice thankfulness.
Thankfulness is good.
It settles me squarely in a place of worship. It enables me to be mindful of the small moments that make up the substance of my life. And, it softens my attitude when living feels like too much work. Now is as good a time as any to start, don’t you think?
Things I Like
- Opening the windows wide after months of air conditioning
- Industrious bumble bees with pollen-laden legs
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The colors of the sky at the western horizon immediately before darkness settles in for the night
- Just-picked Gala apples from Cherry Hill Orchard
- Watching my sons play football
- Driving the Audi A6
- Lazy Sundays
- Clean, cool sheets
- Falling to sleep to the sound of crickets
What is bringing you joy at the moment?