One of my Summer Mini-Bucket List items is to read 12 books by the end of August. My intention is to mix books that satisfy the Popsugar Reading Challenge with a few faith-based books and what I consider lighter, fluffier choices. I’ve compiled a tentative list of the books I plan to devour in the next few months. I say tentative because, other than the Popsugar books which I have to read to meet the challenge, I’ll be letting my feelings dictate my selections. Right now the reading list is pretty fluffy because I just finished The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey and am in need of some mindless (but well-executed) entertainment. That may or may not change as the summer progresses. In anticipation of my fickle feelings, I’ve added some alternative choices just in case nothing I’ve officially listed is tempting me.
Summer Reading List:
- The Girl With All the Gifts by Mike Carey (a book recommended by a stranger, audiobook)
- The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson (a book published in 2016)
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (a book and its prequel – this would be the prequel to Jane Eyre which I already read)
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach (a book with a blue cover)
- Dune by Frank Herbert (a science fiction novel)
- Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Still Life by Louise Penny
- A Dangerous Place by Jaqueline Winspear
- The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel
- Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst
Waiting in the wings (just in case): The Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan , The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Garielle Zevin, A Man Called Ove by Fredric Backman, Out of the the House of Bread by Preston Yancy, H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald, In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror and an American Family in Hitler’s Berlin by Eric Larson.
I’m looking forward to settling in with these books and only wish I had time to read them all…
What books are you looking forward to reading this summer?