Joy to the world!! We should all be as excited about the birth of Christ as these guy are. Jesus Christ left his heavenly throne and became human in the form of a newborn baby, fulfilling God’s will to redeem us and restore us to His family. There is no greater gift! Merry Christmas, indeed!!
Category: Marvelous Miscellaney
A Little Yule Cheer, Day 24: O Holy Night by Passion, featuring Crowder
The perfect song for Christmas Eve…
A Little Yule Cheer, Day 22: Small Pleasures, the Second Half of Advent 2021
There are only two more sleeps ’til Christmas! Before things start to get really crazy around here with all the merrymaking and celebrating, I want to take a moment to reflect on the the little things that have enhanced my holly jolly feelings the past two weeks. Life hasn’t been easy the last few weeks, but my heart is full of joy and gratitude for all the blessings I’ve been enjoying this December.
Small Pleasures: The Second Half of Advent
- Watching Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch with Jay. This version of the Dr. Seuss classic is visually stunning, laugh out funny, and heartwarming. I love everything about it and I think Dr. Seuss would, too.
- Cookies. Baking them. Eating. Sharing them. It’s all good.
- The first annual community Luminary Night. The luminarias turned our neighborhood into a magical wonderland.
- Finding jeans that fit, on the first try. Does this need an explanation?
- Christmas-themed puzzles. I’m enjoying this so much, I wrote a whole post about it here.
- Christmas shopping with my 22.5 year old, married son, Mark. I don’t get to spend as much time with Mark as I’d like so when he asked me to go Christmas shopping with him, I was tickled pink. We hit Target, Ulta, and Barnes and Noble and indulged in some Starbuck’s specialties. I had a blast!
- Hanging out with friends. It’s such a pleasure to catch up with friends while eating good food.
- This Jingle Bells video by Matt Maher. I dare you not to smile while listening to it.
A Little Yule Cheer, Day 22: Christmas Day with Chris Tomlin and We the Kingdom
I’m just keeping The Main Thing the main thing today. It’s so easy to get caught up in all the preparations and tangential activities this time of year. We can lose track of why there is a Christmas holiday. This song is a wonderful reminder.
A Little Yule Cheer, Day 20: Luminary Night
This year, my neighborhood decided to try a Luminary Night. If you aren’t familiar with luminarias, they are lanterns which are usually made from white lunch-sized paper bags, some sand for stability, and votive candles. The plan for this Luminary Night was for everyone who was interested to line the front of their properties with lanterns, at the same time, on the same night. Tonight was the night! The soft glow from the luminarias gave the streets a magical, quietly festive feel. Christmas lights make me exceedingly happy; I reveled in the ambiance as we walked around the neighborhood.