I have really been enjoying the calm that November has brought to my life. Now that the marching band/football season is over, I’m taking time to catch my breath and regroup before the holiday craziness begins. It feels good to be eating suppers with my family again, baking cookies that disappear as soon as they come out of the oven, and cozying up my home for the cooler temperatures. I’m also spending some time wandering around the Webosphere, seeking out inspiration to ignite my burned-out creative fire or boost my flagging gratitude. Below are some of my favorite discoveries. Maybe you’ll discover a bit of something that lights your fire, too.
- Ashley Woodson Bailey. A fellow flower lover who creates photographs with her iPhone that are reminiscent of the Dutch masters.
- Travel Destinations. Yes, please!
- Vocabulary Expansion. My favorites: Waldeinsamkeit, Komorebi, and Goya.
- A Fun (and short!) History Lesson. I think an occasional duvet day would be delicious…
- A Timely Reminder. I’ll be focusing on 1, 5, 6.
- Vivian Maier here and here. It’s quite a story of an unknown but gifted film photographer who took pictures for the simple pleasure of it and captured history in the process.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Kate Davis, Guy Mintus, and Gabe Schnider. Wow. Just wow. (If the video annoys you, just listen to the music.)
Anything inspiring you on the Web these days? I’d love to hear about it.